These are very inspiring quotes from Dag Hammarskjöld which have been very useful to me. Hopefully others will find them uplifting too.
- For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes.
- Life only demands from you the strength you possess. Only one feat is possible - not to have run away.
- Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for.
- The longest journey is the journey inward.
- The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others.
(1905 – 1961) was a Swedish diplomat and the second Secretary-General of the United Nations. He served from April 1953 until his death in a plane crash in September 1961.